Last Updated On:
Last Updated On:
The hair follicle drug test is one of the best ways to detect any presence of drugs in your body. It’s something that’s becoming more used in law enforcement and company tests, and it’s pretty good at detecting traces of drugs, even when compared to other tests like urine and blood samples.
Of course, this is less impressive and a lot more alarming if you’re on the receiving end of this test. Passing a drug test isn’t a walk in the park, and you’ll need to pass if you don’t want to get into trouble.
So what can you do?
Well, the first thing you’ll want to do is to calm down, because there’s still hope for you yet!
What Not to Do?
Drug tests are scary, but being caught because you did something dumb is even scarier. Your testers have already probably seen every trick in the book when it comes to avoiding being caught. So once you receive that notice, here’s stuff that you shouldn’t do:
- Shave all the hair on your body—because nothing screams “guilty” like a completely waxed person taking a hair follicle drug test.
- Start washing your hair regularly—to be honest, you should be already doing this, but as you’ll find out later, regular hair cleansing shampoo won’t cut it.
- Drinking lots of water and trying to sweat it out—hair doesn’t work that way. The drugs can still be detected because they’re in the hair strand itself, not the oils surrounding it.
Again, there is a good way to beat that test, but it isn’t any of those methods above. Of course, you can always try, but chances are you’ll still get caught.
How Do These Hair Tests Work Anyway?
Hair follicle tests work by taking a sample of hair (usually from the crown of your head) and testing the follicles for traces of drugs like marijuana. Since drugs travel your bloodstream, they often end up in the strands of your hair as it grows out over time. You can flush out toxins from your urine and blood, but toxins stay in your hair for a long period of time.
If you shave your head, no such luck either. Traces of drugs can be found in any hair from any part of your body, which is why this test is so ridiculously effective. For example, marijuana can take up to 5 days to show up in your hair strands, but can be detectable for months! That’s even if you stopped smoking.
The Solution: Hair Drug Test Shampoo
You may remember from earlier that we specifically advised that shampooing your hair does not work. To be more specific: it’s the kind of shampoo that you use that matters.
See, most commercial shampoo products can only clean the outer core of your hair. The inner core (or what we call the cortex) is the part that contains all the traces of drugs, and normal shampoo can’t reach it. That’s because if you want to get to that part, you’ll need something with a lot more scrubbing power.
#1. Best Detox Shampoo of Choice: Old Style Aloe Rid Shampoo
There’s only one best hair detox shampoo that can break inside the hair follicle without breaking your hair itself, and that’s Old Style Aloe Rid Shampoo.
This medical grade hair detoxification shampoo can target the drug toxins in your hair without destroying it. With regular use (we’re talking about 3-4 uses a day, for a week or more) you’ll have a much better chance of passing the test without getting caught. Sure, the price is a bit high, and taking more than two baths a day might seem a bit much, but to pass the test, it’s definitely worth it.
If you need more proof, just read all the review left on the site itself by people who’ve tried the product themselves. And while there are other kinds of hair detoxification shampoo out there on the market, Old Style Aloe Rid has the most consistent results.
#2. Clear Choice Hair Follicle Shampoo – Runners Up
The detox product from Clear Choice may be used a good alternative to Old Style Aloe Rid Shampoo.
Follow instructions carefully when using this shampoo because it is not as easy to use as Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid. Those who have used it say it’s simple and effective to use to clear toxins from your hair when you are in a hairy situation.
What Else Can I Do to Pass Hair Follicle Test?
The thing that makes passing a hair follicle drug test so difficult is that they don’t usually give you a lot of time to prepare. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t other methods out there.
A couple of things you try are:
- Lay off on the drugs for a while — as soon as you get that notice, just stop. Your body needs all the help it can get to make sure the toxins are flushed out, so the last thing it needs is you putting even more of the bad stuff inside it.
- Do a cleanse — you can try taking herbal supplements or doing other things like the Macujo Method in order to up your chances of passing the exam. They’re not airtight guarantees, but the best way to get a good idea is to get a lot of ideas, right?
- Test yourself — while you checking out some Old Style Aloe Rid shampoo, you might want to throw in a home hair follicle drug test as well. If you’re a light user, it might not show up in the results, which is good. On the other hand, you can do that test yourself after going through all the shampoo, which is a good way to check if it’s working.
We RECOMMEND Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo, a product with not only a guarantee of 99.99% success, but also easy to use. It’s simple and effective to use making it the best support shampoo to help you pass a hair test.
You can get it directly from their Official Website at a discounted rate.
Some Final Words
There’s no reason for you to lose your job over a little drug use, and while these tests can sound scary with how effective they are, they can be beaten. Sure, it’ll require a little money and some changes to your showering schedule, but that’s much better than the alternative.
Here we also reviewed the best detox drinks for drug test.